Friday 27 March 2009

The magnificent seven

Never underestimate the little places. That was the uncomplicated message behind my seven-city rundown for the easyJet magazine. After looking through the budget flyer's destination list on the search for inspiration (I do that occasionally) I came across a few destinations that I had never seen mentioned in the magazine – despite being some of their most popular summer destinations. I just wanted to give them their 15 minutes of fame (three million people read the mag every month, doncha know?) and highlight a few unknown facts, names and places. Now most people could probably tell you where to find La Sagrada Familia, St Marks Cathedral or Big Ben without blinking, but would they know where Napoleon was born, where in Italy they'd find a White City (pictured) or get a portion of tasty ful medames? I gave them a helping hand with small feature highlighting a few of the unknown gems to be found in Hurghada, Bastia, Ajaccio, Catania, Lamezia Terme, Dalaman and Brindisi (www.ink-live.com/easyjet/2009/mar)

No comments: