Wednesday 4 June 2008

Blowing in the wind

Do I look confused? I was. That lady to my left is Iballa Ruano; one half of the Canarian windsurf phenomenon 'The Moreno Twins'. Her sister, Daida, is just out of shot yelling further instructions to me - the windsurfing virgin - so you can imagine how intimidated I felt. Oh, and the 34-times world champion, Björn Dunkerbeck, was doing speed trials in the background. The story was two things: a lesson and interview with two of the best female windsurfers on the planet (I reckon, anyway) and a plug for the last legs of the Professional Windsurfers Association (PWA) World Tour. Gran Canaria was a revelation and the twins were the best company you could have hoped for in such gusty weather. Watch them in action if you don't believe me (morenotwins.com)

No comments: